ABET serves the professional technical education interests of our 33 member societies. They set policy, develop strategy, and conduct ABET accreditation activities worldwide on behalf of their professions.
ABET Member Societies
- Provide the volunteer base of over 2,000 professionals.
- Help fund ABET activities.
- Represent more than 1.5 million professionals located in nearly every country of the world.
- Were established, on average, more than 85 years ago. Twelve were established more than 100 years ago.
- Are focused on improving quality of education for their future membership, as it directly affects the advancement of their professions.
- Represent nearly every technical profession in the world.
- Have members who, as an aggregate body, are responsible for the technical safety, health, well-being, and development of our world.