The Executive Office is the link between the ABET Board of Directors, ABET constituencies, and the ABET Headquarters staff. The Executive Office implements the ABET Board's policies, initiatives, and strategic plans and provides professional staff support to the volunteer workforce. The Executive Office also oversees international agreements, such as Memoranda of Understanding, Mutual Recognition Agreements, and general inquiries relating to international activities (not including accreditation outside the United States).
Michael K.J. Milligan, Ph.D., P.E., MBA, CAE
- Overall responsibility for headquarters staff and operations. Reports directly to the ABET Board of Directors.
Manager, International Relations
- Manages all international activities not involving direct accreditation, including activities relating to Memoranda of Understanding, Mutual Recognition Agreements, Bilateral Agreements, and Letters of Intent.
- Provides professional staff support to the ABET Executive Director as well as the ABET Board of Directors, committees and task groups of the Board.
The Accreditation Department supports 2,000+ volunteers implementing ABET accreditation policies and processes for over 3,100 programs at more than 670 colleges and universities in 24 countries worldwide. The department is responsible for ensuring the quality training of ABET program evaluators and also supports the development of national accreditation systems outside of the U.S.
Managing Director, Accreditation
Joseph L. Sussman, Ph.D.
- Develops and implements the strategies that continue the successful expansion of ABET's accreditation activities.
Senior Director, Accreditation Operations
Maryanne Weiss, MS
- Manages the Accreditation Department's operations and the administration of ABET's accreditation policies and procedures, as well as overseeing ABET's accreditation processes.
Ellen L. Stokes
- Manages the Accreditation Department's routine operations and assists in administering and executing ABET-approved policies and procedures governing accreditation.
International Accreditation Manager
Sherri H. Hersh, MS
- Provides professional staff support as well as monitoring and resolving situations particular to international accreditation issues.
Assistant to the Managing Director, Accreditation, and Chief Information Officer
Beth C. Mundy
- Provides assistance to the Managing Director, Accreditation, and the Senior Director, Accreditation Operations; provides administrative support; monitors and resolves special situations in the accreditation process; and communicates with the accreditation process' constituencies.
Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC)
Adjunct Accreditation Director, Applied Science
Amanda Reid, JD
- Administers and executes the ABET-approved accreditation policies and procedures of ASAC. Also coordinates with institutions and industry in matters related to applied science accreditation.
- Provides administrative, clerical, and secretarial support for the Accreditation Department and to ASAC officers and accreditation commission members. Also responsible for distributing accreditation communications and documents.
Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC)
Adjunct Accreditation Director, Computing
Art L. Price, Ph.D.
- Administers and executes the ABET-approved accreditation policies and procedures of CAC. Also coordinates with institutions and industry in matters related to computing accreditation.
Norma A. Belton
- Provides administrative, clerical, and secretarial support for the Accreditation Department and to CAC officers and accreditation commission members. Also responsible for distributing accreditation communications and documents.
Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC)
Adjunct Accreditation Directors, Engineering
M. Dayne Aldridge, Sc.D., P.E.
Susan E. Conry, Ph.D.
Patricia D. Daniels, Ph.D., P.E.
- Administer and execute the ABET-approved accreditation policies and procedures of EAC. Also coordinate with institutions and industry in matters related to engineering accreditation.
Bryna R. Ashley
- Provides administrative, clerical, and secretarial support for the Accreditation Department and to EAC officers and accreditation commission members. Also responsible for distributing accreditation communications and documents.
Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC)
Adjunct Accreditation Director, Engineering Technology
Frank Hart, P.E., P.S.
- Administers and executes the ABET-approved accreditation policies and procedures of ETAC. Also coordinates with institutions and industry in matters related to engineering technology accreditation.
- Provides administrative, clerical, and secretarial support for the Accreditation Department and to ETAC officers and accreditation commission members. Also responsible for distributing accreditation communications and documents.
Adjunct Director, Training
Michael S. Leonard, Ph.D., P.E.
- Oversees ABET's program evaluator professional development programming and directs all activities related to program evaluator training and professional development.
Jane Emmet, MA
- Manages all tactical activities related to ABET volunteer training.
The Information Management Department supports information technology resources for both volunteers and staff.
Chief Information Officer
Joseph L. Sussman, Ph.D.
- Establishes a long-range vision for ABET Information Management and its enabling linkage to ABET's overall strategic vision.
Director, Information Management
- Manages a variety of IT tasks and ABET's ISO9000 certification process and provides support for ABET's Accreditation Management System.
Senior Software Applications Developer
Hwan-Kyung Chung, MS
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains the customized, multi-user information processing systems for ABET Headquarters operations.
Software Applications Programmer
- Develops, tests, implements, and maintains web-based application systems for ABET operations.
The Communications Department is responsible for external communications, event marketing, publications, websites, social media, and media relations.
Director, Global Communications and Marketing
Danielle Duran Baron, MA
- Sets and guides the strategy for all external communications, website development, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate ABET's mission. Also provides marketing support to the Meeting and Events Manager for all ABET events.
Senior Communications Specialist
Keryl M. Cryer, MA
- Supports information dissemination and public communications by providing technical writing support and graphic design services and coordination.
- Drives the development of materials with consistent messaging across all channels and vehicles including: web content, e-mail, and event publications.
Society and Industry Relations
The Society and Industry Relations Department is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with ABET Member Societies, volunteers, and industry and government contacts.
Managing Director, Society, Volunteer, and Industry Relations
Charles W. Hickman, MA
- Develops and oversees implementation of ABET's industry and government relations strategy. Also serves as the primary point of contact for ABET Member Societies and for their volunteers who execute ABET accreditation activities.
The Professional Services Department is responsible for partnering with faculty and industry to conduct robust technical education research and for providing educational opportunities on sustainable assessment processes for continuous program improvement worldwide.
Events offered by the Professional Services Department include the ABET Symposium, the Institute for the Development of Assessment Leadership (IDEAL), and Program Assessment Workshops.
Senior Manager, Professional Development and Research Services
Rochelle L. Williams, Ph.D.
- Oversees the planning, production, and execution of professional services educational offerings is responsible for evaluating potential educational research opportunities for ABET sponsorship.
Adjunct Director, Professional Development
Daina Briedis, Ph.D.
- Supports the planning, production and execution of ABET’s professional development programming and ensures the continuous quality improvement of all professional development programming.
Adjunct Director, Training and Instruction
James N. Warnock, Ph.D.
- Supports the planning, production and execution of ABET’s professional development programming and directs all activities related to educational offerings and IDEAL Senior Scholars training.
Planning and Operations
The Planning and Operations Department supports ABET's overall operations for both the volunteer workforce and professional staff, including general administration, human resources, event planning, and accounting and finance.
Managing Director, Planning and Operations, and Chief Financial Officer
Lance K. Hoboy, MBA, CAE
- Manages and administers ABET's financial accounting, treasury, and budgeting activities. Also oversees office operations and human resource management and supports the CIO in managing information technology.
Manager, Human Resources
Rachelle R. Daucher, MS, PHR
- Executes the ABET Headquarters human resources programs and oversees office operations.
Melvin D. Carter, FPC
- Coordinates headquarters office operations, such as facilities management, supply purchasing, mailroom services, and reception, and provides professional staff support to the Human Resources Manager in the preparation and processing of payroll.
Finance and Accounting
Jessica A. Silwick
- Serves as the principal advisor to the CFO, the ABET Treasurer, and the Finance Committee and provides professional leadership in the areas of accounting, financial administration, budget development, short- and long-term financial plans, private and government grants and contracts administration, investment management, and risk management. Also oversees and supervises the Accounting Department staff.
- Assists the Accounting Director with the accounting operations of ABET, including accounts receivable functions, payroll and benefits processing and reconciliations, and special projects as assigned in the accounting cycle.
Accounts Payable/Travel Specialist
LaTasha D. McKinney
- Assists the Accounting Department with the financial operations of ABET, including accounts payable functions, credit card bill tracking, volunteer expense report processing and tracking, monthly expenses accrual, prepaid schedule maintenance, HRA account maintenance, and various G/L account maintenance (including all employee benefits).
Meetings and Events
Manager, Meetings and Events
Chantelle Murat, CMP
- Plans and executes the successful production of ABET conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, and meetings.
- Manages the participant registration and fee collection for ABET conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, and meetings.