1. ABET's Proprietary Rights
2. Use of the Site/Materials; Restrictions
3. Notices and Procedures for Copyright Infringement Claims
ABET respects the rights of all Copyright Holders and expects users and visitors to the Site to do the same. In this regard, ABET has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users' access to the Site who infringe the rights of Copyright Holders. If you believe that your work has been copied on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide ABET's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, that the complaining party is either the owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of copyright infringement should be directed to ABET's Copyright Agent as follows:
ABET Copyright Agent
Attn: Managing Director, Planning and Operations
415 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
(Please include "Notice of Infringement" in the subject line.)
4. Data Collection and Use
Information which may or may not be personally identifiable is automatically collected concerning your interaction with the Site such as the domain name of your internet service provider, your internet protocol (IP) address, the pages you view, your searches, and Materials or other information you access. Personally identifiable information and, depending on your country of residence, sensitive information, is also collected directly from you through the Site. ABET values its relationship with Site visitors, its Member Societies, Program Evaluator Volunteers, accredited and prospectively accredited institutions/programs and uses commercially available technology to safeguard personal information collected through the Site. Nevertheless, the internet is an open medium and no data transmission through the internet is completely secure. ABET cannot guaranty or warranty the security of information you transmit. Therefore you transmit personal or sensitive information at your own risk. Once received, all your information is stored in ABET's database in the United States behind its network firewall and not on the Site. It is stored in accordance with U.S. law, which differs from that of other countries and may not be equivalent to the country in which you reside.
Please understand that ABET must collect and share both personal and anonymous information collected with a variety of organizations and institutions to fulfill its mission and purpose. Information must also be shared with those providing services to or on behalf of ABET (such as, for example, companies assisting with the hosting, operation or features of the Site, Materials and the like).
Two such third party service providers are Cvent, Inc. and Indeed, Inc.
ABET disclaims any liability for any damages of any sort you may incur as a result of your use of Cvent's or Indeed's respective websites, the applicable links to their websites or those of the applicable job poster/employer, use of the employers' websites, services and/or your interaction with Cvent, Indeed or the applicable employers.
You must register on the Site and create a profile to become a Program Evaluator, apply to the IDEAL Program, seek accreditation and for other purposes. When an individual or institution registers on the Site, it provides information to create a profile, including a security password. Passwords or other unique identifiers should be secured and not shared. It is your responsibility to notify ABET immediately when an individual's access should be terminated. You are responsible for the actions of each individual to whom you have given access. ABET prides itself on being a transparent organization. Information collected from prospective and current Program Evaluators and/or institution representatives is shared with others. Therefore, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to information you voluntarily provide. That said, ABET does not sell the data collected to third parties for the purpose of marketing goods or services to you.
5. Links to Third-Party Sites
Any other websites or resources that are accessible via any hyperlinks on this Site, including without limitation those to job listings provided by Indeed, Inc. and registration/payment processing provided by Cvent, Inc. are not under the control of ABET. When you link to those sites, you leave the Site. ABET has no control over and is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites or the business practices or policies of the operators of such sites. ABET provides the linked sites to you only as a convenience, and the inclusions of any such link on the Site does not imply ABET's endorsement of the applicable site, the organization operating such site, nor any products or services of that organization. Your use of links to any off-Site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk.
6. Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Site and its contents, including without limitation, the Materials, are provided "AS IS," and ABET makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind with respect to this Site or the Materials. ABET disclaims all representations and warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, completeness and non-infringement.
- Disclaimer of Accuracy. In addition, ABET disclaims any representations or warranties that the Site, Materials or other information accessible via this Site are accurate, complete or current or will meet your needs. This Site may contain typographical errors, miscatalogued information or technical inaccuracies. ABET reserves the right to add to, change or delete its content or any part thereof without notice. Any price or availability information is subject to change without notice. Additionally, this Site may contain information provided by third parties, which includes, without limitation, Documents, other portions of the Materials and software. ABET makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy, completeness, truth, quality, suitability or reliability of such information. ABET is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies contained in any information provided by such third parties. By using this Site, you expressly understand and agree that your use of the Site and all Materials and hyperlinks to third party websites is at your sole risk. The Site, the Materials and any advice are provided "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE. Therefore, you should not rely on it being appropriately catalogued or complete for any purpose, including but not limited to patentability of any invention, invalidity of any claim of any patent or application, or authorship and inventorship of any article, patent or application. You further agree that neither you nor your agents will take any action against ABET arising out of use of the Site, links or Materials, including, due to such reliance on any information which you believe to be non current, inaccurate or incomplete.
- Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and agree that neither ABET nor any of its members, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for any damages of any sort, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site, Materials, links, services provided by third parties or any other information, products or services, even if advised of the possibility thereof. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential and punitive damages, including without limitation, damage for loss of data, income, profit or goodwill or other intangible loss, personal injury or death, loss of or damage to property or claims of third parties. Your legal rights with respect to these disclaimers and waivers may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In any case, ABET’s sole liability, and that of its licensors, suppliers and business partners, is limited to five dollars ($5.00). Without intending to limit the foregoing, you must bring any claims you may have against ABET within six (6) months of the date the claim arose or be forever barred. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy.
It is your responsibility to adequately protect and backup your data and/or equipment used in connection with the Site or Materials. You agree not to make any claim against ABET for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate output, work delays or lost profits resulting from the use of the Site or Materials.
7. Export Restrictions
You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and Regulations. Diversion of such Materials contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. You agree that none of the Materials, nor any direct product therefrom, is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred, or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals, unless authorized by the U.S. Government. Proscribed countries are set forth in the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
8. References to Products or Services
ABET reserves the right to limit provision of the Site, Materials or any feature, product, or service to any person, institution or geographic region in its sole discretion. Information published by ABET on the Site may contain references or cross references to ABET products or services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that ABET intends to announce such products or services in your country. Please contact ABET for information regarding the products and services that may be available to you.
9. User Input
10. Governing Law; Venue for any Proceedings
"ABET," ABET logo, and other logos and titles are common law or registered trademarks or service marks of ABET. All other products, company names or other marks appearing on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of ABET or the applicable trademark owners.